Tuesday, May 1, 2012

We made it!

We made it to Beijing after a long (12.5hr) and uneventful flight :) from Chicago. CC did beautifully on the plane - she even managed to sleep for 3hrs which I was grateful for! Hoping she sleeps longer on the way back ;)

We are staying here in Beijing with some sweet friends that I have known for almost 20 years. They have 2 precious daughters who are 4 and 6 years old. The three girls are fast friends, having a blast together!

This morning we got up early and went to the Great Wall... It was the perfect day to go- not too crowded or too hot. It was incredible!!! I havent been since I was about CC's age so was amazing for me to get to experience it afresh with her. I can only post the pictures I took on my phone (which aren't the best) so will try to upload the (hopefully) better camera pics after we get home...

After the Great Wall we drove into Beijing - saw Tienanmen Square, the 'pants' building aka CCTV tower, the forbidden city etc. So grateful for wonderful friends who showed us around - love you guys Danny & Jill!

Tomorrow we are heading out early to fly to Zhengzhou which is where we will get JJ. Really appreciate you prayers for him... and for me - for wisdom and insight as I start getting to know my son and try to help him through the grieving process (while traveling to all sorts of government offices to complete all the required paperwork)... And for CC as she becomes a big sister again, but in an unfamiliar place... She has been amazing - handled all the new experiences really well!!! no squatty potties yet ;)

Will try to post again tomorrow from ZZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment