Thursday, May 10, 2012

In Guangzhou!!!!!

We made it!!!!! JJ did great on the flight - definitely an adjustment for momma to travel with a 19 month old... can't hand him the iPad and get my kindle out ;)

I wish I had someone from our group take a picture of me in the airport - we looked pretty comical... me pushing the cart, loaded down with 2 bags, 1 stroller precariously balanced on top, 1 six year old riding atop the basket for hand carries, 1 giant (overflowing & HEAVY!) purple backpack on mommas back balancing out the nineteen month pouched on the front... I think I've lost a good 5-10lbs in the last week ;)

We arrived in GZ around 8 last night and were in our hotel rooms by about 10... Everyone slept GREAT last night!

This morning we had JJs visa medical appointment - lots I could say about... we had another traumatizing picture taking session :( we finally managed to get it after trying multiple contortions recommended by the photographer - including JJ on my shoulders with my head bent down as far as possible ;)

Stats from today: height 87cm (34.2in) weight 10.8kg (24 lbs) - pretty incredible considering that he was only 9lbs at 6 months! So very grateful to everyone at Marias for the life changing care they gave JJ

Sorry for the lack of pics - I took what I could but my hands have been pretty full carrying a certain young man ;)

PS my budding photographer took 11 blurry pics of JJ and I at the medical appt ;) I may need to start taking the pics myself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment