Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tomorrow - forever family day

I can't believe that in a few short hours (15 but who's counting) I'll be meeting my son! So overwhelmed at the magnitude of what's about to take place... No longer an orphan but a beloved son and brother... longed for, treasured, pursued, deeply valued, and oh so loved. 

What an incredible picture adoption is of what God has done for us, how he has (and does) pursued us, loved us, longed for us and welcomed us into his family. So grateful.

I've been reading my way through Psalms and what should I come across today but Ps 68:5-6 'A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families...'
Am so in awe of how God has set our son in our family, how blessed we are to have him as our son, to be a part of what God is doing.

Really appreciate prayers for JW. He has suffered so much loss already and tomorrow he will lose all that is familiar... SO much for a little one to deal with. Grateful to serve a God who heals, redeems and restores. Praying and believing that for my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment