Monday, April 28, 2014

We are getting close...

Wow, I have been terrible about blogging this time around!! Who am I kidding, I wasn't that good the first two times either or the in-between times ;-) I just realized that I never posted the updated picture that we received in Nov of our sweet son, whom we are naming Joshua.


We are getting so close to travel, yet it still feels like forever away... Our current 'piece of paper/approval' (there are just so many!!) is due to be picked up from the US consulate in Guangzhou on May 5th. This document states that the US govt has approved our application to classify Josh as our son, and states that they will grant him a visa to travel to the US and citizenship upon arriving in the US.  Once the CCC*A has received this 'piece of paper', they will issue the next 'piece of paper ', our TA (Travel Approval!!!), which could take anywhere from 1-3 weeks. After that we schedule our CA (Consulate Appointment in Guangzhou to obtain said visa) and then we book flights and travel!!! Sooooo at the earliest, we could be going late May, or more likely June.

I can't believe that we are finally nearing the end of the paper part of the journey (although it has felt like I have shed blood, sweat, and *lots* of tears getting to this point)... and then the *real* journey of becoming a family will begin. Selfishly I cant wait to finally see my son, to hold him (if he'll let me), play with him (if he'll let me), and love on him (if he'll let me), but my heart hurts thinking about how much change he is about to experience... how his whole world is about to be flipped upside down. I wish it wasn't so hard... but I am so grateful to serve a God who heals, restores, and redeems. Praying for that for my son.

So incredibly grateful to all who have come alongside us - we covet your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment