Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Woo hoo!!!! I800A here we come!!!

So today was kindof a big day for us. Our social worker finalized (& notarized!) our home study!! I made a quick stop off at her office (between taking JJ to his follow up appointment with the plastic surgeon & Anna's orthodontist appointment) to pick our home study up and then drop it off at the wonderful USPS office to get it on its way to the USCIS (along with about 20 others pages of documents). We are now waiting on the USCIS to approve us as an adoptive family, which is currently taking about 80 days :( After that there are a lot of other steps before we even get close to bringing WH home but that's for another post...

This adoption journey is not for the faint of heart ya'll (can't believe I actually just said ya'll!!!). This last week has been *tough* on this mommas heart. I keep telling my wonderful hubby that I'm trying to be wise, to protect my heart (because in international adoption you just never know), but this week I feel like the opposite has been happening. All I have been able to think about is this dear dear boy, who I've never met, who I don't know at all, and yet I *ache* to have him home, to have him with us, with his family... SO while I am ecstatic that our home study is done, and our I800A is somewhere in the bowels of the USPS system, my heart is heavy with how much waiting is still ahead, with how much longer our son has to go without his family.

I glanced at a blog post last night, read the title and that was about it... I couldn't get past that title 'Gods timeline to XXX'. This journey of ours to our little one (we really need to decide on a name for him!!!) and his journey to us, for sure isn't happening according to our timeline... but that's ok, that's how it should be... Am choosing to trust and believe that its happening according to Gods timeline. It doesn't ease the longing for this little one but it does bring peace, which I am fighting to cling to, knowing that while we are doing everything we can to get to our son ASAP God knows and is with him and is orchestrating things, bringing us together in his time, according to his timeline, not our timeline.

So if you think of it, this adoptive momma could use your prayers... as could a precious little one in Ch*na who has no idea what's headed his way... in 6-8 months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment